Review of Nur Janatun Naim

Block 511, Bedok North Street 3, Kaki Bukit 511 Market and Food Centre, #01-12
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Bedok MRT
 Buses to Kaki Bukit 511 Market and Food Centre: 225 (Green), 225 (White)
Opening Hours: 17:00 to 23:30 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: 5 to 15 minutes)
Service: Appalling, biased and rude
Environment: Clean hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Fried Chicken, Muslim Food, Satay, Roti John and Western Food
Thoughts after eating: Stingy
Value for money: 49/100
Will I come back in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

My opinion:

Nur Janatun Naim sells traditional Singapore fried chicken, muslim food, roti john, satay and western food. I decided to try out their chicken chop for $7.00. Before I moved on to the food quality, I would "nag" about the poor service of the female owner. First, she was amazingly rude and ignored me, while cooking her food. Second, when I finally caught her attention, she seemed agitated and angry. Third, I personally felt that she was biased towards Malays and damn racist. She actually served food to Malay customers who came later than me. I had to wait more than 10 minutes just because I am Chinese?

This was not the end of my "food nightmare". Their chicken chop was the most expensive in all Bedok hawker centres. The owners were extremely stingy in giving out ingredients. Chicken chop was extremely small and unable to satisfy the hunger of a kid, let alone an adult. French fries were warm but not crispy. There was no bakery product but the owners did provide a fried egg (a plus point). Why did the owners provide 2 packets of chili when the food ingredients were so pathetically small?

In conclusion, this was the worst stall in Kaki Bukit Food Centre and the smallest hawker chicken chop that I have ever eaten. If you are a Muslim, I will advise you to buy cheaper mee rebus and nasi lemak at nearby Malay stalls. Stay away from this stall like the plague.

Comments