- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Block 216, Bedok North Street 1 Food Centre, #01-67
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Bedok MRT
Buses to Bedok North Street 1 Food Centre: 14, 66, 69, 168, 222, 228
Opening Hours: 07:00 to 13:30 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean hawker centre with plenty of seats
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Kway Chap
Thoughts after eating: Average
Value for money: 62/100
Will I come back in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives
My opinion:
This Bedok North hawker stall specializes in one dish and that is traditional Singapore kway chap. You will often find a queue of more than 3 people in front of their stall mainly because their arch rival Chris Kway Chap has not opened for business for recent months. For this food review, I decided to try out their $3.40 set meal for lunch.
The price was really seductive so I had mental preparation that I was not going to get much food items in return. I could not believe my eyes when I was presented with my "goodies". There were only 8 slices of pig intestines, 8 pieces of pork skin, 3 pieces of pork meat, 3 pieces of tau pok and half a marinated egg. There was no tau kwa at all.
All the food items were small sized, not properly marinated and did not soak up on the goodness of the braising stock. Tau pok was rough and probably overcooked. Rice sheets were smooth and did not tore apart easily. Soup tasted almost like plain water with a bit of soy sauce (severe minus points). There was absolutely no herbal taste in the soup at all.
To sum up, the food here was cheap, plain tasting and severely lacking in essential ingredients. Monopoly breeds incompetence and poor productivity. You can see from all my reviews that no monopoly hawker stall has ever achieved a rating more than 90/100 (an endorsement from my website). If you are a kway chap fan, avoid this stall and travel to Bedok Interchange Food Centre (3 minute walk) for better quality food.
Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

Comments
Post a Comment