Review of Geylang Briyani Stall

1 Geylang Serai, Geylang Serai Market and Food Centre, #02-146
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Paya Lebar MRT
Buses to Geylang Serai Market and Food Centre: 2, 7, 13, 21, 24, 26, 28, 30, 51, 60, 63, 63M, 93, 94, 154, 155
Opening Hours: 07:00 to 17:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean but crowded hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Briyani
Thoughts after eating: Disappointed
Value for money: 68/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

My opinion:

I arrived on 13:00 (1 p.m) and was very disappointed to find out that mutton briyani was sold out at this stall. I had no choice but to try out their chicken briyani (they only offer 2 types of briyani). I was a bit stunned when I knew the price was $5.00. This simple Indian food only cost $3.00 to $4.00 a few years ago. So a price hike of 20% to 40% is not acceptable especially there are so many hdb residents living nearby.

Let's move on to the food quality. The rice was delicious, fragrant and well cooked. Curry was a bit too salty and watery. Where was the ah-zha? I remembered there was ah-zha in their briyani a few years ago. The real problem lied with the chicken meat. It was average tasting, bland and too tough to bite. Honestly, I did not find enjoyment even in the chicken wing portion.

Comments