Review of Tian Xiang Laksa and Niang Doufu 传统天香叻沙·釀豆腐

Block 630, Bedok Reservoir Road, Pasar Makan, #01-14
Nearest Mass Transit Rapid Station: Kembangan MRT
Buses to Bedok Reservoir Pasar Makan: 8, 21, 22, 60, 65, 66, 228, 506, CT18, NR7
Opening Hours: 07:00 to 14:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good, friendly service
Environment: Clean hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Laksa and Yong Tau Foo
Thoughts after eating: Fulfillment
Value for money: 75/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

My opinion:

Tian Xiang means "heavenly fragrance" in Chinese. This stall sells traditional Singapore laksa and niang doufu. I have tried their laksa for breakfast. The owners packed both food ingredients and laksa soup together. This was very unprofessional because the laksa would be "overcooked" when customers reached home.

The owners were very generous in giving out food ingredients. I was given 6 cockles, 2 small prawns, more than 7 pieces of tau pok and humongous amount of laksa noodles. Alas, the food would have received a rating of at least 85/100 if not for the miserly amount of laksa soup. The laksa soup was also too mild and did not mix too well with the rice noodles. Therefore, I will only recommend their food to laksa lovers living near Bedok Reservoir because there are a lot of good alternatives in Singapore east.

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

First, make the laksa soup thicker. Second, give customers more laksa soup.

Comments