Review of 216 Thai Kitchen

Block 216, Bedok North Street 1 Food Centre, #01-12
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Bedok MRT
Buses to Bedok North Street 1 Food Centre: 14, 66, 69, 168, 222, 228
Opening Hours: 10:30 to 18:30 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
 Service: Fast and good
 Environment: Clean hawker centre with plenty of seats
 Reputation: Traditional Singapore Muslim Food, Nasi Lemak and Laksa
 Thoughts after eating: What did I just eat?
 Value for money: 45/100
 Will I come back in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

My opinion:

 216 Thai Kitchen sells traditional Singapore Muslim food such as nasi lemak and laksa. I noticed that the stall owners were Malay and they served Malay food so why the hell did they call themselves "Thai Kitchen"?

I have tried their Penang laksa for $2.50. The owners were quite stingy in giving out food ingredients. I was given small amount of ah-zha, rice noodles and sardine fish. There were no egg, prawns, cockles or tau pok. The soup was undrinkable, sourish and did not mix well with the other food ingredients. If you are a laksa fan, I will advise you to avoid this stall at all costs.

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

First, accept the fact that your food is really bad and had few ingredients. Making rude personal attacks against me for expressing my free speech and personal opinion is unacceptable in Singapore (retort to Hardy Jay, email: stage88sound@gmail.com).

Second, when you called yourself "Thai Kitchen", customers expect authentic Thai food. Imagine a customer going to a European bakery shop and being served Hong Kong buns, what will be his/her reaction?

Third, make a trip to Bedok South Block 58 and taste Amy's Laksa yourself. Their food costs the same as yours but taste way better and has more ingredients.

Comments