Review of Hup Lee Wanton Noodle 合利云吞面

Block 58, New Upper Changi Road, Bedok South 58 Market and Food Centre, #01-171
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Tanah Merah MRT
Buses to Bedok South 58 Market and Food Centre: 2, 9, 14, 24, 31, 35, 45, 222, 506
Opening Hours: 7:00 to 15:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast but unfriendly
Environment: Clean but crowded hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Dumpling and Wanton Noodles
Thoughts after eating: Below average
Value for money: 57/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

 My opinion:

Their wanton noodles were the worst I have eaten for the past few months. I had to rinse my mouth and ate a rice dumpling to remove the "artificial noodle" taste off my tongue.

Their takeaway wanton noodles cost at least $3.00 each and were devoid of char siew and green chili slices. The red chili sauce was too "weak" to add any bonus points to the food. Noodle sauce was also tasteless and watery.

I am a very thrifty person. This was one of a few times in my life that I really threw away wanton noodles after finishing just 70 percent of the food.

Comments