Review of Flowers Soya Beancurd

Block 335, Smith Street, Chinatown Complex Market and Food Centre, #02-226
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Chinatown MRT
Buses to Chinatown Complex Market and Food Centre: 2, 12, 33, 54, 63, 124, 143, 147
Opening Hours: 10:00 to 21:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Beverages, Desserts and Soya Products
Thoughts after eating: Average
Value for money: 60/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

My opinion:

Flowers is the last stall of Chinatown Food Centre and the owners specialize in traditional Singapore soya products. For this food review, I have tasted their plain soya bean curd for breakfast.

Although the dessert did not suffer from dryness issues, it was artificial tasting, lumpy, small sized and one of the roughest that I have tasted in recent years. At times, I thought I was eating a soya pudding!

It was a matter of individual tastes but I disliked extremely rough soya bean curds. If you are an experienced foodie, my advice is to ignore this stall and visit the numerous dessert alternatives in the same food centre.

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

First, check the freshness of the soya ingredients. Second, make the bean curds smoother. Third, add more ingredients for future customers.

Comments