- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Block 16, Bedok South Road, Bedok South Market and Food Centre, #01-37
Nearest Mass Transit Rapid Station: Bedok MRT
Buses to Bedok South Market and Food Centre: 12, 38, 229
Opening Hours: 09:00 to 19:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Appalling
Environment: Clean hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Japanese Food
Thoughts after eating: Average
Value for money: 63/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives
My opinion:
This stall is the only business in the entire Bedok South region that sells Japanese cuisine (monpoly). This may explain the female owner rude attitude towards customers. I was "lectured", shouted at and "taught" by her on the "correct ways to place orders for hawker food". I was not a beggar or a new immigrant (maybe I should go for suntan).
For this review, I decided to try out their chicken cutlet don set for $4.80. Besides the "gas" and saliva I had to endure (anger), I was given miserly portions of food. There were a bowl of rice with 8 chicken cutlets and onion egg. No soup or side dishes or fruit slice. Pathetic. I could get a similar food set at Old Airport Road for $4.00 and it came with soup. I could also get a similar food set at Beach Road for $5.00 and it came with soup, steamed egg and watermelon slice.
In terms of food quality, chicken cutlets were crispy and hot. Where was the sauce for the chicken cutlet? You called this Japanese food or Western food? Egg with onion was moist, too soft and not properly fried. Rice was mildly sweet, well cooked and mixed well with the seaweed.
To sum up, the food here was expensive, small in portions and came with "gas" (anger). I really wish there will be another new stall that sells Japanese food in Bedok South 16 Market and Food Centre. With more competition, proud people will learn some manners and improve their cooking skills.
Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

Comments
Post a Comment