- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Block 216, Bedok North Street 1 Market and Food Centre, #01-45
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Bedok MRT
Buses to Bedok North Street 1 Market and Food Centre: 14, 66, 69, 168, 222, 228
Opening Hours: 07:00 to 15:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean hawker centre with plenty of seats
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Dumpling and Wanton Noodles, Chicken Cutlet Rice
Thoughts after eating: Cheap and good
Value for money: 85/100
Will I come back in 6 months' time? Yes
My opinion:
Hong Kong Sun King Wanton Noodle sells chicken cutlet rice, dumpling noodles and wanton noodles. They should remove the words "Hong Kong" from their stall's name because confusion may arise. There is very little difference between their wanton noodles and other Singaporean versions. I have tried out their wanton noodles and was very happy to uncover another gem of this hawker centre.
The owners reward customers with 2 steamed wantons, 2 fried wantons, 6 thin slices of char siew meat and decent amount of noodles. The well cooked noodles were bathed in watery sauce. I am not a fan of "moist" wanton noodles but surprisingly I found this combination of noodles and sauce satisfactory.
Fried wantons were crispy, delicious and large. The steamed wantons were slightly sticky and not chewy enough. There were not enough green chili and the red chili sauce was too mild to give the food additional bonus points. In reality, I should not complain too much as most wanton noodles sold in the same hawker centre were more expensive or of poorer food quality.

Comments
Post a Comment