Review of Whampoa Rojak

Block 14, Haig Road Market and Food Centre, #01-42
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Paya Lebar MRT
Buses to Haig Road Market and Food Centre: 2, 7, 13, 21, 24, 26, 28, 30, 51, 67, 154, 155, NR7
Opening Hours: 08:00 to 17:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Dishonest
Environment: Clean hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Chinese Rojak and Cuttlefish
Thoughts after eating: Angry
Value for money: 20/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? No, this stall is blacklisted

My opinion:

Whampoa Rojak sells traditional Chinese rojak and cuttlefish. My mother asked me to help her buy a packet of cuttlefish kang kong. I was very happy to discover that this stall did sell cuttlefish. My happiness soon turned to anger.

After I placed my order, I found it very suspicious that the uncle kept looking at me as he prepared the food inside the stall. When he handed me the food, I opened up the packet to investigate. It was Chinese rojak and not cuttlefish kang kong! I confronted him and he told me that I had placed the wrong order.

Completely absurd and dishonest service. My mother immediately pulled me aside and requested to leave. When we reached home, there was a lot of "gas" in our bodies (anger). For our blog readers' benefit, we still tried out their Chinese rojak.

Sauce was too little and salty. You zha kueh was cold, soft and not crispy enough. Pineapple slices were bland, tasteless and did not mix well with the other food ingredients. Finally I understood why the stall owner had to "slap flies" during lunch peak hours. Who would ever visit this stall ever again?

Comments