Review of An Ji Ice Jelly 安记香滑文头雪

Block 335, Smith Street, Chinatown Complex Market and Food Centre, #02-183
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Chinatown MRT
Buses to Chinatown Complex Market and Food Centre: 2, 12, 33, 54, 63, 124, 143, 147
Opening Hours: 10:00 to 21:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Beverages, Desserts, Ice Lemon Tea, Lime Drink, Longan Drink, Sour Plum Drink, Soursop Juice, Strawberry Juice, Chendol, Grass Jelly Products and Ice Kacang
Thoughts after eating: Cheap and shiok
Value for money: 88/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? Yes

My opinion:

An Ji stands for "stall of peace and tranquility" in Chinese. They sell traditional Singapore beverages and desserts. I have tried their durian mango ice for tea break.

The dessert was refreshing and sweet. There were actually 3 sweet tastes: durian, mango and lime. The tastes actually complemented each other instead of a taste being the dominant one (major plus points).

I would have given the stall a rating of 90/100 and an endorsement from our website if they added more ingredients to the dessert. As my mother and I were about to finish the dessert, there was only ice left. If you are a taxi driver and want a quick refreshing dessert, I will highly recommend their durian mango ice.

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

Add more fruit ingredients and syrup to the desserts.

Comments