Review of 51 Jack's Kitchen

Block 51, Old Airport Road, Old Airport Road Food Centre and Shopping Mall, #01-19
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Dakota MRT
Buses to Old Airport Road Food Centre and Shopping Mall: 10, 16, 30, 30e, 31, 32, 33, 401
Opening Hours: 10:00 to 22:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Dishonest
Environment: Clean but crowded hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Western Food
Thoughts after eating: Angry
Value for money: 38/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

My opinion:

Jack's Kitchen sells a small range of Western food including the usual meat chops, cutlets and steaks. For this food review, I decided to try their teriyaki salmon chicken rice for $4.50 because it was rarely found in other Western food stalls.

The signboard clearly stated that customers can choose the $4.00 smaller option but when I placed my order, I was told by the male owner that the price was $4.50. This was dishonesty as you should not seduce customers with a fake price tag.

When I reached home, I was angry and stunned when I checked the food. There was 2 small slices of salmon fish, salad and normal white rice. There was no chicken meat or chicken oil cooked rice. I had to cook an egg myself in order to finish the food. The 2 miserly slices of salmon fish would not even satisfy the stomach of a child, let alone an adult. The rice was normal plain rice with sauce (suspected black pepper sauce).

Their food's description is "set 4: Teriyaki Salmon Chicken Rice". Do not lie to customers if you do not intend to put chicken meat in your food. I can get really a plate of chicken rice ($2.50) and 3 normal otahs ($2.10) at Old Airport Road Food Centre. Who will visit this stall ever again?

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

Add more food ingredients for all their dishes.

Comments