Review of Golden Mile Black Bean

Block 505, Beach Road, Golden Mile Food Centre, #01-88
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Lavender MRT
Buses to Golden Mile Food Centre: 7, 32, 51, 63, 80, 100, 145, 175, 197, 961, 980
Opening Hours: 10:00 to 21:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean hawker centre with plenty of seats
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Beverages, Desserts and Soya Products
Thoughts after eating: Cheap and good
Value for money: 82/100
Will I come back in 6 months' time? Yes

My opinion:

This Beach Road hawker stall is the only food business in Golden Mile Food Centre that sells black bean soya products (monopoly). For this food review, I have tasted their black soya bean curd for tea break.

This rarely seen dessert was slightly rough and thick. At times, I thought I was eating soft doufu! Compared to other soya bean curds, it was much less sweeter and had a moderate soya taste. As I ate more of the dessert, it did not have any dryness or watery issues (commonly associated with poorly prepared soya products).

In conclusion, their soya bean curds were economical, healthy and rejuvenating. If you are a dessert fan looking for a cheap, fulfilling and unique "Singapore south food adventure", this stall should be able to satisfy your requirements.

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

Ask customers the amount of sweet syrup they want in their desserts.

Comments