Review of Muar Sugarcane 麻坡甘蔗王

Block 20, Kensington Park Road, Chomp Chomp Food Centre, #01-22
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Serangoon MRT
Buses to Chomp Chomp Food Centre: 73, 136, 315, 317
Opening Hours: 17:00 to 01:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean but crowded hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Beverages and Sugar Cane Juice
Thoughts after eating: Refreshing
Value for money: 88/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? Yes

My opinion:

This stall sells traditional Singapore beverages and sugar cane juice. Customers get to choose the small $2.00 option, the $3.00 medium option or the $4.00 big option for their drinks. I have tasted their small sugar cane juice for $2.00.

When the female owner gave me my drink, I was stunned by the humongous size of my cup. Honestly, I wondered how big the cup would be if I had ordered the $4.00 big option. The drink was sweet and filled with sugar cane goodness. It was fresh and did not have an awkward milky taste. The cup was 30 percent filled with ice cubes after I finished the drink (moderately "watered down").

In a nutshell, the sugar cane juice here was one of the "shiokest" I have tasted in recent years. In fact, I would have given Muar Sugarcane Juice an endorsement had the owners put fewer ice cubes in my cup. Therefore, if you are having dinner at Serangoon with your friends or loved ones, this stall's $4.00 super sized sugar cane juice is recommended by my website.

Comments