- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Block 38A, Beo Crescent Market and Food Centre, #01-90
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Tiong Bahru MRT
Buses to Beo Crescent Market and Food Centre: 14, 32, 51, 64, 64, 121, 122, 186
Opening Hours: 08:00 to 19:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean but crowded hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Chwee Kuehs and Desserts
Thoughts after eating: Mild tasting
Value for money: 66/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives
My opinion:
Ah Mei sells traditional chwee kuehs and desserts. I have tasted their signature white fungus cheng tng for lunch. The dessert came in a medium sized plastic container and had 8 longan slices, 4 winter melon slices, 3 gingko nuts, and moderate amount of white fungus as ingredients. Probably because of the owners' over emphasis on white fungus as the selling point, there were no barley, dried persimmon, lotus seeds, sago pearls and sweet potatoes (major minus points).
The dessert was very plain tasting and lacking in herbal taste. At times, I kept asking myself: "What the hell am I drinking?" I finished all the main ingredients and was still left with half of the soup.
To sum up, their white fungus cheng tng was too mild tasting and lacking in key ingredients. The owners are strongly advised to add barley, sago pearls and sweet potatoes to their cheng tng. For dessert fans living in Jurong, Pasir Ris and Woodlands (extreme ends of Singapore), I will suggest you give this stall a miss.
Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

Comments
Post a Comment