- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Block 630, Bedok Reservoir Road, Pasar Makan, #01-02
Nearest Mass Transit Rapid Station: Kembangan MRT
Buses to Bedok Reservoir Pasar Makan: 8, 21, 22, 60, 65, 66, 228, 506, CT18, NR7
Opening Hours: 07:00 to 14:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast but inconsiderate
Environment: Clean hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Beverages, Longan Drink, Sugar Cane Juice, Grass Jelly and Soya Products
Thoughts after eating: Below average
Value for money: 59/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives
My opinion:
Gan Yi Xian Dou means "sugar cane juice, barley drink, grass jelly drink and soya drink" in Chinese. This stall sells traditional Singapore beverages. I have tasted their longan drink for $1.00. The price was really "seductive" but food quality was severely compromised. In fact, I witnessed one of the female owners pouring large amount of ice cubes into the drink containers.
My longan drink was so "watered down" that it had no longan flavor. It tasted almost like cold water mixed with small amount of sweet syrup. There were only 6 small longan pieces for me to eat after finishing the drink. Therefore, I will advise my blog readers to visit other hot beverage alternatives in the same hawker centre or nearby coffee shops.
Comments
Post a Comment