Review of Xin Xi Chwee Kueh 新禧水粿

Block 58, New Upper Changi Road, Bedok South 58 Market and Food Centre, #01-150
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Tanah Merah MRT
Buses to Bedok South 58 Market and Food Centre: 2, 9, 14, 24, 31, 35, 45, 222, 506
Opening Hours: 7:00 to 15:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean but crowded hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Chee Chong Fen and Chwee Kueh
Thoughts after eating: Below average
Value for money: 55/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives 

My opinion: 

This was one of a very few cheap but disastrous food adventures that I ever had in Bedok. I was seduced into buying their chwee kuehs by a cheap price tag (8 chwee kuehs for around $2.30) and a small queue.

The chwee kuehs were the worst that I had ever tasted in Singapore. The kuehs were bland, overcooked and had a slight pungent taste. My mother was a chwee kueh lover and her opinion was that they put too much water in the food production. Their cai pok was an ultimate "food apocalypse". It tasted sweet and was not salty at all. I really felt like vomiting out the food after a few spoonfuls. The hot and sticky chili could have saved them from a terrible rating but the portions were too miserly.

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

Reduce the amount of water in the chwee kuehs' cooking process, make the cai pok saltier and add more chili.

Comments