Review of Lucky Hainanese Chicken Rice 幸运海南鸡饭

Block 58, New Upper Changi Road, Bedok South 58 Market and Food Centre, #01-190
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Tanah Merah MRT
Buses to 58 Market and Food Centre: 2, 9, 14, 24, 31, 35, 45, 222, 506
Opening Hours: 7:00 to 15:00 (Daily)
Queue: 2 to 5 people (Waiting Time: 5 to 10 minutes)
Service: Fast and good, friendly service
Environment: Clean but crowded hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Chicken Rice and Roasted Delicacies
Thoughts after eating: Do not add sauce
Value for money: 72/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

 My opinion:

This stall is in competition with Soon Kee (just 4 stalls to the right) in the same hawker centre. Both of them sell chicken rice and roasted delicacies. Most Bedok South residents will agree that Lucky is the slightly better stall because of their longer queue of customers.

I have tried their chicken rice for lunch. Although the price was cheap, the owners were not stingy in ingredients. They also provided customers the option to add sauce to the food. This prevented the dryness problem, commonly associated with meat rice. I am not a fan of the sauce as it destroyed the fragrance of the rice. I will recommend my blog readers not to add sauce for healthy reasons as well.

The meat items were a bit tough and bland but chili was spicy enough to give the food a significant boost. If you are a meat lover living nearby, I suggest you travel to Bedok Interchange or Block 216 for better quality food.

Comments