Review of Bukit Merah View Roasted Chicken 红山景烧腊鸡饭

Block 115, Bukit Merah View Market and Food Centre, #01-20
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Tiong Bahru MRT
Buses to Bukit Merah View Market and Food Centre: 5, 14, 16, 131, 132, 145, 147, 167, 196, 197, 275, 851, 855, 961
Opening Hours: 10:00 to 22:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Char Siew Rice, Chicken Rice and Roasted Delicacies
Thoughts after eating: Cheap and good
Value for money: 80/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? Yes

My opinion:

Bukit Merah View Roasted Chicken sells traditional Singapore char siew rice, chicken rice and roasted delicacies. For this food review, I decided to try out their roasted chicken rice for lunch.
The owners were very generous in giving out chicken and rice ingredients. Chicken meat was slightly tough and the skin was not crispy enough. Rice was delicious and well cooked. Chili was a major letdown and was one of the "weakest" that I had ever tasted. Singaporeans really hate this type of tasteless chili. If the owners really want more business, they should work on the chicken toughness and mild chili taste problems.

In recent months, I revisited this stall and tried out their char siew and chicken wing rice for lunch. The meat items were fragrant, juicy, soft, tender and well roasted. Black sauce was bit watery and did not mix well with the rice. Chili was slightly more "powerful" than my first visit. Therefore, I decided to increase this stall's rating from 75/100 to 80/100.

Comments