Review of Fu Quan Mixed Vegetables Rice, Bee Hoon and Mee

Block 29, Bendemeer Road, Bendemeer Market and Food Centre, #01-03
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Boon Keng MRT
Buses to Bendemeer Market and Food Centre: 13, 21, 23, 31, 64, 65, 66, 125, 130, 133, 139, 147, 857, 985
Opening Hours: 10:00 to 19:00 (Daily)
Queue: 2 to 5 people (Waiting Time: 5 to 10 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean hawker centre with plenty of seats
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Fried Bee Hoon, Fried Noodles and Mixed Vegetable Rice
Thoughts after eating: Cheap and good
Value for money: 85/100
Will I come back in 6 months' time? Yes

My opinion:

Fu Quan sells traditional Singapore fried bee hoon, fried noodles and mixed vegetable rice. This Bendemeer hawker stall has the rare honor of having a never ending queue. For this food review, I have tried their mixed vegetable rice for lunch. I chose fried chicken, pork and vegetables as my food items.

The rice was well cooked and had no sticky issues. Chicken meat was juicy, tasty, well fried and not too oily or salty. Pork meat was average tasting and slightly tough. Veggies were chewy, delicious and fresh.

In conclusion, the food here was amazingly cheap, delectable and had a few minor problems that prevented them from greatness. Therefore, I will only recommend Fu Quan to foodies living or working near Boon Keng, as there are too many good mixed vegetable rice alternatives throughout Singapore.

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

Thoroughly review the pork meat's preparation process.

Comments