Review of 323 Food and Beverage Nasi Lemak

Block 115, Bukit Merah View Market and Food Centre, #01-48
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Tiong Bahru MRT
Buses to Bukit Merah View Market and Food Centre: 5, 14, 16, 131, 132, 145, 147, 167, 196, 197, 275, 851, 855, 961
Opening Hours: 10:00 to 22:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Fried Bee Hoon, Mixed Vegetable Rice and Nasi Lemak
Thoughts after eating: Delicious food items but below average rice
Value for money: 68/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

My opinion:

This stall sells traditional Singapore fried bee hoon, mixed vegetable rice and nasi lemak. I have tried their nasi meak for lunch. For this review, I chose fried chicken wing, fried egg and otah as my food items.

Fried chicken wing was juicy, warm but not crispy enough. Egg was soft, well fried and had crispy edges. Otah was delicious, silky, smooth and did not have a pungent smell or taste. Rice was the food's weakest area as it was poorly cooked, fluffy, sticky and devoid of coconut milk fragrance.

In conclusion, the food here was cheap, plentiful but badly let down by the below par nasi lemak rice. I will advise my blog readers that they pack food items from this stall but ignore their rice meals.

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

They should review the rice preparation and production processes.

Comments