- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Highly recommended by sgfood365.blogspot.sg
Updated : The stall has passed its consistency test and its rating has increased from 90/100 to 95/100.
Block 531A, Upper Cross Street, Hong Lim Food Centre, #02-15
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Chinatown MRT
Buses to Hong Lim Food Centre: 2, 12, 33, 51, 54, 61, 63, 124, 143, 147, 174, 190
Opening Hours: 08:00 to 14:00 (Tuesday to Sunday, closed on Monday)
Queue: 6 to 10 people (Waiting Time: 15 to 30 minutes)
Service: A bit slow
Environment: Clean but crowded hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore char siew rice, duck rice and roasted delicacies
Thoughts after eating: Cheap and shiok
Value for money: 95/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? Yes
My opinion:
Whenever I go to Chinatown or Outram Park, I will order the duck or roasted pork rice from here. This stall is a stern rival of ABC Brickworks Food Centre's Fatty Cheong for the most famous roasted delicacy stall in Singapore.
The roasted duck and pork meat are crispy, tender, well marinated and melts in your mouth with each bite. The meat and rice is coated with sweet black sauce, which adds more flavor and prevents the food from being too dry. On weekdays lunchtime, you may have to wait more than 20 minutes for a meal of roasted delicacies.
I revisited this stall in recent months and ordered a takeaway packet of char siew and roasted pork rice (after a 30 minute queue). The uncle was panting and really tired. He told me that I was really unlucky and the woman queuing before me had bought the last char siew and roasted pork! I looked at my watch and the time was 12:30 p.m. Yes, this stall was so popular that the uncle always sold out his roasted goodies by 1:00 p.m.
I had no choice but to order roasted duck rice. The uncle simply dumped all his best roasted duck parts in my takeaway portion. The food maintained its high standards and passed the consistency test. I increase their rating from 90/100 to 95/100. By the way, do not compare Lee Kheong with Fatty Cheong. The uncle at Lee Kheong knows how to pamper customers.
I had no choice but to order roasted duck rice. The uncle simply dumped all his best roasted duck parts in my takeaway portion. The food maintained its high standards and passed the consistency test. I increase their rating from 90/100 to 95/100. By the way, do not compare Lee Kheong with Fatty Cheong. The uncle at Lee Kheong knows how to pamper customers.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment