Review of Miao Xiang Vegetarian 妙香素食

Highly recommended by sgfood365.blogspot.sg

Block 58, New Upper Changi Road, Bedok South 58 Market and Food Centre, #01-189
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Tanah Merah MRT
Buses to Bedok South 58 Market and Food Centre: 2, 9, 14, 24, 31, 35, 45, 222, 506
Opening Hours: 7:00 to 15:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean but crowded hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Vegetarian Food
Thoughts after eating: Cheap and shiok
Value for money: 92/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? Yes

My opinion:

Miao Xiang means "amazing fragrance" in Chinese. This hawker stall sells traditional Singapore vegetarian food including mock chicken rice, fish soup, fried bee hoon, kway chap, laksa, mee rebus and mee siam. For this food review, I have tried their vegetarian mee rebus with an add on egg.

There were moderate amount of bean sprouts, egg, green chili slices, "fu chok", tau kwa and noodles in my plate. Bean sprouts were crunchy, fresh and not too soft. Egg was average tasting and did not have a pungent smell. Green chili slices were appetizing, juice and made the more flavorful.

The food's addictiveness lied in their "fu chok", tau kwa and noodles. All these 3 items were delicious and hot (freshly prepared). "Fu chok" was crispy, not too oily and tasted like a snack. Tau kwa was smooth, soft, finely cut and mixed almost flawlessly with the other food ingredients. Noodles were extremely well cooked, fragrant and bathed in delicious gravy.

After I finished the food, I tried and finished as much of the gravy as possible. Honestly, it was the best vegetarian mee rebus gravy that I ever tasted in my life (major plus points). The gravy was not too thick or watery and had a 50 percent resemblance to oyster sauce!

In conclusion, the food here was economical, heavenly and able to satisfy my weekly craving for vegetarian food. If you are a fan of mee rebus or vegetarian food, bookmark this webpage and give your taste buds a good massage at Miao Xiang.

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

They are strongly applauded for their service to Bedok South residents and are advised to carry on their good work. I will also visit them regularly to check for consistency.

Comments