Review of Nor’s Corner

Block 630, Bedok Reservoir Road, Pasar Makan, #01-06
Nearest Mass Transit Rapid Station: Kembangan MRT
Buses to Bedok Reservoir Pasar Makan: 8, 21, 22, 60, 65, 66, 228, 506, CT18, NR7
Opening Hours: 07:00 to 14:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good, friendly service
Environment: Clean hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Muslim Food, Laksa, Lontong, Malay Cakes, Mee Rebus, Mee Siam, Mee Soto and Nasi Lemak
Thoughts after eating: Average
Value for money: 63/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

My opinion:

Nor's Corner sells traditional Singapore Muslim cuisine including laksa, lontong, Malay cakes, mee rebus, mee siam, mee soto and nasi lemak. For this food review, I have tasted their laksa for lunch. Although the price was "seductive", food quantity was compromised. I was given bean sprouts, 6 pieces of fish cakes, 1 piece of tau pok and moderate amount of rice noodles. Cockles and egg were "missing in action".

The laksa soup was one of the least oily that I have tasted in recent years so it did not surprise me that it was also too plain tasting. Bean sprouts were crunchy and fresh. Tau pok was too soft and probably overcooked.

In conclusion, the laksa here was really cheap but had significant flaws and severely lacking in essential ingredients. The owners are strongly advised to add half an egg to the food and make the soup thicker. If you are a Muslim food fan, I will suggest you try out their lontong but give the laksa a miss.

Comments