Review of Seng’s Wanton Noodles 阿成云吞面

Block 16, Bedok South Road, Bedok South Market and Food Centre, #01-64
Nearest Mass Transit Rapid Station: Bedok MRT
Buses to Bedok South Market and Food Centre: 12, 38, 229
Opening Hours: 08:00 to 16:00 (Thursday to Tuesday, closed on Wednesday)
Queue: 2 to 5 people (Waiting Time: 5 to 10minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Wanton Noodles
Thoughts after eating: Average
Value for money: 72/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

My opinion:

I happened to pass by Bedok South Market and Food Centre (Block 16) and noticed a big banner advertisement, promoting Seng's Wanton Noodles. They are from Dunman Food Centre and has recently opened a branch in Bedok South. I decided to try out their food and was stunned by the long queue.

The food was average at best. Noodles were not fragrant or springy enough. Noodle sauce was mild tasting and not thick enough. Char siew had no fatty portions but were a bit tough on the mouth. Their saving grace were the delicious wantons and hot red chili. Seriously, I think the queue was mostly due to their advertising effort. For $3.00, Chinese noodles fans can keep their stomachs happy but the craving for wanton noodles will not be satisfied.

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

Make the noodle sauce thicker and review the char siew's preparation process.

Comments