Review of Meng Kee Hot and Cold Drinks

Block 74, Toa Payoh Lorong 4, Toa Payoh Vista Market and Food Centre, #01-09
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Toa Payoh MRT
Buses to Toa Payoh Vista Market and Food Centre: 88, 157, 163, 231
Opening Hours: 06:00 to 15:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Inconsiderate and unfriendly
Environment: Clean but small hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Beverages, Barley Drink, Chestnut Drink, Sugarcane Juice, Grass Jelly and Soya Products
Thoughts after eating: Below average
Value for money: 38/100
Will I come back in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

My opinion:

This hawker stall sells traditional Singapore beverages including barley drink, chest nut drink, sugar cane juice, grass jelly and soya products. I have tasted their signature sugarcane juice for $1.50. The drink was given to me in a packet even though I have told the female owner that I was having my lunch in the food centre (inconsiderate).

Although she juiced the drink in front of me, she put 2 giant ice cubes and few actual sugarcane ingredients in my half filled packet. As I tasted the drink more, it was mildly sweet and devoid of sugarcane goodness.

In a nutshell, this sugarcane juice was poorly prepared and severely "watered down". I will therefore advise my blog readers to visit other refreshment alternatives in the same hawker centre.

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

First, she should reduce the amount of ice cubes in her drinks. Second, she must not juice the sugar canes for too many times or else the quality of the drinks will be severely compromised.

Comments