- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Block 51, Old Airport Road, Old Airport Road Food Centre and Shopping Mall, #01-28
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Dakota MRT
Buses to Old Airport Road Food Centre and Shopping Mall: 10, 16, 30, 30e, 31, 32, 33, 401
Opening Hours: 10:00 to 22:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean but crowded hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Fried Oyster Omelette
Thoughts after eating: Oily and lack of ingredients
Value for money: 70/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives
My opinion:
Xing Li means "prosperity and profits" in Chinese. The male owner specializes in traditional Singapore fried oyster omelette. Customers get to choose the $4.00 small option, the $5.00 medium option or the $6.00 big option for their meals. Since this was my first time eating their food, I decided to try the small option for lunch.
I was given 4 oysters and small amount of omelette. The food would not satisfy the hunger of a teenager, let alone an adult. Oysters were huge and juicy. Omelette was so moist and shiny that I thought the food was soaked in oil! I had to drink a cup of self brewed green tea in order to finish the food.
To sum up, the oysters were delicious and shiok but omelette was below average and too oily.
Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:
Add more egg ingredients and reduce the amount of oil in the food cooking process.

Comments
Post a Comment