Review of Tea Lodge Cold Hot Dessert 茶乐冷热甜品

Block 49, Sims Place, Sims Vista Market and Food Centre, #01-53
Nearest Mass Transit Rapid Station: Aljunied MRT
Buses to Sims Vista Market and Food Centre: 64, 125
Opening Hours: 07:00 to 17:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean but crowded hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Desserts
Thoughts after eating: Average
Value for money: 66/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

My opinion:

Tea Lodge is one of a few stalls that sell traditional Singapore desserts in Sims Vista Market and Food Centre. If I am not wrong, this is the only stall that sells shaved ice desserts (monopoly) in the hawker centre and its surrounding facilities.

I have tried their barley and gingko soup for lunch. The owners were generous in giving me gingko nuts and soup. Sadly, the dessert's sweet taste was extremely "weak". It was almost like sweet plain water. I actually gave up after eating 70 percent of the dessert. I will advise potential customers to try out their cold desserts but leave their plain tasting hot desserts alone.

Comments