Review of Bao Shu Shi 包熟食

Block 137, Tampines Street 11, Tampines Round Market and Food Centre, #01-01
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Tampines MRT
Buses to Tampines Round Market and Food Centre: 8, 17, 18, 28, 39, 292, 518
Opening Hours: 09:00 to 20:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Nasi Lemak and Otah
Thoughts after eating: Cheap and good
Value for money: 80/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? Yes

My opinion:

Bao Shu Shi sells traditional Singapore nasi lemak and otah. They have replaced Hakka Yong Tau Foo in stall 1 of Tampines Round Market and Food Centre. Honestly, their stall name was a bit misleading and many Tampines residents thought they were selling buns in their first few months in business.
For this food review, I have tried their nasi lemak with otah for lunch. The rice was too soft and lacked coconut milk flavor. Fried fish and ikan bilis were bland, rough and not crispy enough. Honestly, the nasi lemak would have a rating of 66/100 if not for their amazing chili. It was addictive, spicy, sweet, not too hot and one of the best that I had tasted in recent months (major plus points). Otah was big, delicious, silky smooth and did not have a "fishy" smell (fresh ingredients).
In conclusion, I will recommend their otahs to people who want to add food items to their meals. For hardcore nasi lemak lovers, I will suggest you give this stall a miss.

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

Thoroughly review the nasi lemak's preparation process.

Comments