Review of Hui Ji Wanton Mee 惠记云吞面

Highly recommended by sgfood365.blogspot.sg

Block 49, Sims Place, Sims Vista Market and Food Centre, #01-35
Nearest Mass Transit Rapid Station: Aljunied MRT
Buses to Sims Vista Market and Food Centre: 64, 125
Opening Hours: 07:00 to 14:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good, friendly service
Environment: Clean but crowded hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Lor Mee, Chicken Feet Noodles and Wanton Noodles
Thoughts after eating: Cheap and shiok
Value for money: 93/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? Yes

My opinion:

Hui Ji Wanton Mee sells traditional Singapore lor mee, chicken feet noodles and wanton noodles. I have visited their stall numerous times only to be told by the female owners that they have sold out the food by 1400 hours (2 p.m)! In order to try out their food, I specially made a visit to their stall before the lunch peak hours. I ordered their chicken feet noodles for around $3.00.

When I arrived home to check my "goodies", I was completely stunned. To use the word "generous" to describe the amount of food ingredients, was really an insult to Hui Ji's female owners. For about 3 dollars, I was rewarded with 3 chicken feet, 3 fried wantons, 2 steamed wantons and huge amount of noodles. I was also given a plastic container with no additional charges.

Chicken feet were soft but not well marinated (could be a plus point for people looking for healthy food). Some of the fried wantons were crispy while others were hard and rough. Steamed wantons were chewy and delicious. The noodles were well cooked but I would prefer the owners to put more sauce. Red chili was not too hot or spicy, just right for chicken feet and wanton noodles. I would also appreciate the food more if the owners add some green chili slices.

Sims Vista Market and Food Centre has become a great hunting ground for incredible food bargains. Hui Ji Wanton Mee is just one of many stalls in this hawker centre that have gotten a rating of more than 90/100.

Comments