Review of Redhill Lor Duck Rice and Noodle

Block 85, Redhill Lane, Redhill Market and Food Centre, #01-79
Nearest Mass Transit Rapid Station: Redhill MRT
Buses to Redhill Market and Food Centre: 32, 33, 63, 64, 120, 132, 145
Opening Hours: 09:00 to 15:00 (Saturday to Thursday, closed on Friday)
Queue: 2 to 5 people (Waiting Time: 5  to 10 minutes)
Service: Slow and unfriendly
Environment: Clean but crowded hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Duck Rice and Lor Mee
Thoughts after eating: Average
Value for money: 60/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

My opinion:

During lunch time, I saw a mini queue of 5 people in front of this stall. I am a typical Singaporean so I also queued up, thinking the food here must be good. How wrong was I? The braised duck was bland, rough and tough. Yam rice was extremely sticky and poorly cooked. There was no marinated egg, peanuts, tau kwa or yam. If you a duck rice fan, I will recommend Heng Wang Braised Duck (#01-22 in the same hawker centre) over this mediocre stall. 

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

First, review the duck meat's preparation process. Second, reduce the amount of water in the yam rice's cooking process. Third, add some peanuts and tau kwa to the food.

Comments