- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
1 Kadayayanallur Street, Maxwell Food Centre, #01-92
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Tanjong Pagar MRT
Buses to Maxwell Food Centre: 80, 145
Opening Hours: 11:00 to 20:00 (Tuesday to Sunday, closed on Monday)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean but crowded hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Shanghai Cuisine
Thoughts after eating: Delicious
Value for money: 82/100
Will I come back in 6 months' time? Yes
My opinion:
It is difficult nowadays to find a Singapore hawker stall that specializes in Shanghai cuisine. Tong Xin Ju sells fried dumplings, steamed dumplings, hor fun, hot and sour soup and Shanghai rice cakes.
Fried and steamed dumplings:
I think the skin for the fried dumplings are too thick. I also do not like the ingredients in the steamed dumplings. However, my parents adore both versions of dumplings. Customers can get 8 dumplings for around $4.00.
Hot and sour soup:
The hot and sour soup is my favorite. Be warned that this is one of the most sour soup that you will ever taste. The soup contains carrots, cabbages, eggs, pork, prawns and sotongs. The soup tastes best with a bowl of rice. I actually rate it 78/100 for soup without rice and 90/100 for soup with rice.

Comments
Post a Comment