Review of Dong Cheng Soya Products 东成豆花水·香滑豆花

Block 159, Mei Chin Road, Mei Chin Market and Food Centre, #02-30
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Queenstown MRT
Buses to Mei Chin Market and Food Centre: 33, 64
Opening Hours: 08:00 to 16:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean hawker centre with plenty of seats
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Grass Jelly and Soya Products
Thoughts after eating: Average
Value for money: 63/100
Will I come back in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

My opinion:

Dong Cheng stands for eastern success in Chinese. This stall sells traditional Singapore grass jelly and soya products. The price of their soya bean curds is around $0.80 but for each takeaway container, they charged an additional $0.30 (costs of container and more ingredients).

For this review, I have tasted their soya bean curd for breakfast and was not impressed. The dessert was one of the roughest I ever tasted. It was also too dry and mild tasting.

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

Add some sweet syrup to the soya bean curds.

Comments