Review of Jia Wei Nasi Lemak and Economical Mixed Vegetable Rice 佳味椰桨饭·经济饭菜

Block 159, Mei Chin Road, Mei Chin Market and Food Centre, #02-17
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Queenstown MRT
Buses to Mei Chin Market and Food Centre: 33, 64
Opening Hours: 07:00 to 19:00 (Wednesday to Monday, closed on Tuesday)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean hawker centre with plenty of seats
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Mixed Vegetable Rice and Nasi Lemak
Thoughts after eating: Cheap and good
Value for money: 85/100
Will I come back in 6 months' time? Yes

My opinion:

Jia Wei means "good tastes" in Chinese. This stall sells traditional Singapore mixed vegetable rice and nasi lemak. There are 2 nasi lemak sets here that cost around $2.00 each! As I was extremely hungry, I decided not to try the sets and ordered more food items. I chose egg, fried chicken and otah with my rice for the bargain price of $3.00.

Egg was soft and well fried (plus point). Fried chicken was warm but not crispy. Otah was huge, slightly rough and did not have a pungent taste. Rice was well cooked and had a mild coconut milk flavor. Chili was sticky but too "weak" to add any bonus points to the food. 

To sum up, their food was economical and tasty. The owners are strongly advised to use a new chili as the current version is not suitable for nasi lemak meals. If you are a mixed vegetable rice or nasi lemak fan living near Queenstown, I will strongly recommend Jia Wei's food products.

Comments