Review of Ni Xi

Block 79 and 79A, Circuit Road Food Centre, #01-35
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Macpherson MRT
Buses to Circuit Road Food Centre: 40, 61, 63, 63M, 65, 66, 135, 154, 155, 158
Opening Hours: 10:00 to 20:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean and nostalgic hawker centre with plenty of seats
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Pork Rib Noodles and Prawn Noodles
Thoughts after eating: Cheap and shiok
Value for money: 88/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? Yes

My opinion:

Ni Xi sells traditional Singapore Chinese noodles. For this food review, I have tried their pork rib and prawn noodles for lunch. The female owner was generous in giving out ingredients. I was given 2 pieces of pork ribs, 2 prawns and moderate amount of noodles. Pork ribs were huge, juicy and tender. The bones could be swallowed if you bite them long enough. Prawns were also huge and succulent. It was a long time ago that I enjoyed eating hawker centre prawns.

Noodles were fragrant and mixed nicely with the other food ingredients. Soup was flavorful and filled with pork and prawn goodness. The female owner was skilful enough not to add too much MSG or salt or else the original meat tastes would be overwhelmed. Customers could also have the luxury of adding red chili slices and spices.

To sum up, the food here was cheap, delicious and fulfilling. I will visit this stall regularly to check for consistency. If you are a Chinese noodle fans, Ni Xi's food is highly recommended by my website.

Comments