- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Block 208B, New Upper Changi Road, Bedok Interchange Food Centre, #01-15
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Bedok MRT
Buses to Bedok Interchange Food Centre: 7, 9, 14, 16, 17, 18, 25, 26, 30, 30e, 32, 33, 35, 38, 40, 60, 66, 69, 87, 168, 196, 197, 222, 225 (Green), 225 (White), 228, 229, 401
Opening Hours: 08:00 to 22:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean but crowded hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Pork Rib and Prawn Noodles
Thoughts after eating: Thirsty
Value for money: 62/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives
My opinion:
Yu Xing Yuan means "garden of arising prosperity" in Chinese. This stall sells traditional Singapore pork rib and prawn noodles. For this food review, I have tried their prawn noodles for lunch. The owners were generous in giving out ingredients. I was given 2 prawns, 4 slices of pork, 7 pieces of fishcakes, vegetables and moderate amount of noodles.
My opinion:
Yu Xing Yuan means "garden of arising prosperity" in Chinese. This stall sells traditional Singapore pork rib and prawn noodles. For this food review, I have tried their prawn noodles for lunch. The owners were generous in giving out ingredients. I was given 2 prawns, 4 slices of pork, 7 pieces of fishcakes, vegetables and moderate amount of noodles.
The prawns were delicious, fresh but medium sized. Pork meat was juicy and tender. Fishcakes were average tasting but did not have a pungent smell or taste. Noodles were rough but mixed well with the other food ingredients and soup.
The food's main weakness lied in the soup. The pork and prawn tastes were completely overwhelmed by the MSG taste. As I walked home after my lunch, my tongue was extremely dry and I desperately needed a drink.
When this stall first started business a few months ago, many Bedok residents queued up and tried their food. Now, the queue has vanished and I finally knew the reasons. If the owners want more followers, I will highly advise them to decrease the amount of MSG or salt in the soup preparation. For prawn noodle fans living in western Singapore, I will suggest you give this stall a miss.
Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:
Review the soup's preparation and production process.
Comments
Post a Comment