Review of Min Hiang 茗香

Block 50, Market Street, Golden Shoe Food Centre, #02-13
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Raffles Place MRT
Buses to Golden Shoe Food Centre: 57, 131, 167, 186
Opening Hours: 07:30 to 13:30 (Monday to Friday, closed on Saturday and Sunday)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good, friendly service
Environment: Clean but crowded hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Beverages, Desserts, Grass Jelly and Soya Products
Thoughts after eating: Gigantic Soya Bean Curd
Value for money: 85/100
Will I come back in 6 months' time? Yes

My opinion:

Min Hiang stands for "tea fragrance" in Chinese. I found it very strange that they only sell grass jelly and soya products. Actually, they got the hanyu pinyin name wrong as well. It should be "Ming Xiang". For this review, I have tried their soya bean curd for breakfast.

I actually spent 30 seconds to admire the gigantic size of the soya bean curd. This must be the largest soya bean curd that I have ever bought in Singapore. The dessert was healthy, refreshing and mildly sweet. In terms of texture, the soya bean curd was slightly powdery and rough. I finished up the sweet syrup water halfway eating the dessert (dryness problem). 

I will strongly advise the owners to add two more teaspoons of diluted syrup to their desserts. If you are a dessert or soya product fan, I will highly recommend their soya bean curds and drinks.

Comments