- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Block 505, Beach Road, Golden Mile Food Centre, #01-58
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Lavender MRT
Buses to Golden Mile Food Centre: 7, 32, 51, 63, 80, 100, 145, 175, 197, 961, 980
Opening Hours: 11:00 to 22:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good, friendly service
Environment: Clean hawker centre with plenty of seats
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Grass Jelly Products
Thoughts after eating: Refreshing but not worth the media attention
Value for money: 80/100
Will I come back in 6 months' time? Yes
My opinion:
Zhao An Granny sells traditional Singaporean grass jelly products. This stall is perhaps the most famous grass jelly business in Singapore. At their signboard, you can even see numerous media recommendations and a photograph of ex President Nathan visiting their stall.
The price of their normal grass jelly is $1.50. Customers also have the option to add atap chees, longans, nata de cocos and sea coconuts to their desserts for $0.30 or more.
I have tried their longan grass jelly for $2.00. I was given 7 longans and moderate amount of grass jelly. The grass jelly was supposedly prepared by following an "old and secret recipe". I was damn excited as I have seen a lot of rave reviews about this stall. The dessert was refreshing and mildly sweet. The amount of sweet syrup in the dessert was kept to a minimal (plus point).
As I ate more and more of the dessert, I found nothing special about the grass jelly. There was also no bitter taste (that many internet bloggers claim). The higher the expectations, the more disappointed you became. Therefore, I will only recommend their grass jelly products to people living near Kallang, Lavendar and Bugis because there are too many good dessert alternatives throughout Singapore.

Comments
Post a Comment