Review of Golden Shoe Nasi Lemak 金鞋区椰浆饭

Block 50, Market Street, Golden Shoe Food Centre, #02-14
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Raffles Place MRT
Buses to Golden Shoe Food Centre: 57, 131, 167, 186
Opening Hours: 09:30 to 19:00 (Monday to Friday, closed on Saturday and Sunday)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean but crowded hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Nasi Lemak
Thoughts after eating: Cheap and good
Value for money: 82/100
Will I come back in 6 months' time? Yes

My opinion:

This stall specializes in one dish and that is traditional Singapore nasi lemak. They have been featured in Mediacorp's "Makansutra" and "Yummy King". I decided to pay them a visit and checked whether they were worth the hype. I ordered egg, fried chicken and otah with my pandan rice.

Egg was delicious and well cooked. Fried chicken was warm but not crispy enough. Otah was rough and small. Pandan rice was too dry and had a mild pandan flavor. The owners were also generous in giving out chili. Chili was sticky and not too hot.

Overall, the owners were generous in giving food ingredients but there was still room for improvement in terms of food quality. I will only recommend their food to nasi lemak fans working near City Hall, Raffles Place and Tanjong Pagar.

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

Review the preparation process of the food ingredients.

Comments