Review of Xin Kee Signature Curry House 新记

Block 208B, New Upper Changi Road, Bedok Interchange Food Centre, #01-09
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Bedok MRT
Buses to Bedok Interchange Food Centre: 7, 9, 14, 16, 17, 18, 25, 26, 30, 30e, 32, 33, 35, 38, 40, 60, 66, 69, 87, 168, 196, 197, 222, 225 (Green), 225 (White), 228, 229, 401
Opening Hours: 10:30 to 21:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean but crowded hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Curry Noodles and Rice
Thoughts after eating: Average
Value for money: 71/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

My opinion:

Xin Kee sells traditional Singapore curry noodles, ramen and rice. The price of their curry chicken thigh set is around $3.50 but there is an additional cost of $0.30 for each takeaway container. I have tried this set twice in recent years and was not impressed.

The owners were quite stingy in curry, potatoes and rice. The amount of rice was not enough to satisfy the hunger of an adult. Curry was not hot and spicy. As I tasted the curry more, I found it to be too salty. There was a huge difference between flavorful curry and salty curry. The chicken thigh was big, juicy and tender. I will strongly suggest to the owners that they reduce the amount of salt in the preparation of the curry and add at least 2 more potato slices in the food for future customers. 

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings: 

Add more ingredients and review the curry's preparation process.

Comments