Review of Golden Mile Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee 海南炒福建面

Block 505, Beach Road, Golden Mile Food Centre, #B1-34
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Lavender MRT
Buses to Golden Mile Food Centre: 7, 32, 51, 63, 80, 100, 145, 175, 197, 961, 980
Opening Hours: 11:00 to 20:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean hawker centre with plenty of seats
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Hokkien Noodles
Thoughts after eating: Average
Value for money: 69/100
Will I come back in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

My opinion:

This stall specialize in one dish and that is Hainanese fried hokkien prawn noodles. For this food review, I have tried their hokkien noodles for lunch. The owners were a bit miserly in giving out food ingredients. I was given 2 shrimps, 2 sotongs and small amount of noodles. I actually finished the food in less than 7 minutes!

The meat items were delicious, fresh but also small in size. Rice noodles greatly "outnumbered" yellow hokkien noodles. Both noodles were average tasting and incredibly dry. Chili was also a letdown as it was "grainy", salty and too few in portions to add any significant bonus points or flavor to the food.

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

Add more ingredients and increase the "moisture" of the noodles. The owners should also experiment on a new kind of chili as I feel their current version is not suitable for hokkien noodles.

Comments