Review of Soi 55

Block 50, Market Street, Golden Shoe Food Centre, #02-19
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Raffles Place MRT
Buses to Golden Shoe Food Centre: 57, 131, 167, 186
Opening Hours: 08:30 to 17:00 (Monday to Friday, closed on Saturday and Sunday)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good, friendly service
Environment: Clean but crowded hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Thai Beverages, Coffee and Milk Tea
Thoughts after eating: Refreshing
Value for money: 75/100
Will I come back in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

My opinion:

Soi 55 sells traditional Thai beverages including milk coffee, milk tea, green milk tea and rose milk tea. The hot versions of their drinks cost $2.30 each while the cold versions cost $2.50 each. Customers get to add sagos, "pearls" and "red rubies" into their drinks with costs ranging from $0.30 to $0.70. 

I have tasted their Thai green milk tea for $2.50 with no add on items. The drink was addictive, refreshing and sweet. It had strong milk taste and a weak peppermint taste. As I finished the drink, I found the cup to be half filled with ice!

Honestly, I can get a hot Singapore milk tea or teh tarik in the same hawker centre for $1.20 and it tasted about the same (except the green coloring). I will only recommend this stall to youngsters, office professionals and rich ministers who do not mind paying more for "hippy" stuff. For the rest of our countrymen who are struggling to make ends meet, I will suggest you give this stall a miss.

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

Decrease the amount of ice cubes in the cold beverages and carry out more promotional sales.

Comments