- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Highly recommended by sgfood365.com
Block 208B, New Upper Changi Road, Bedok Interchange Food Centre, #01-54
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Bedok MRT
Buses to Bedok Interchange Food Centre: 7, 9, 14, 16, 17, 18, 25, 26, 30, 30e, 32, 33, 35, 38, 40, 60, 66, 69, 87, 168, 196, 197, 222, 225 (Green), 225 (White), 228, 229, 401
Opening Hours: 10:00 to 23:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean but crowded hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Duck Rice, Kway Chap and Noodles
Thoughts after eating: Shiok
Value for money: 90/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? Yes
My opinion:
Shun Xing is a newcomer to the renovated Bedok Interchange Food Centre and they sell duck-related food. Many Bedok residents really welcome their arrival because there was only one duck rice stall in the food centre (You Kee) before renovation. I visited their stall at around 2 p.m and was stunned when told by the female owner that their duck rice set had sold out! Oh mine, the food here must be very good. I arrived the next day earlier and finally tasted their duck rice set meal for lunch.
The owners were generous with ingredients. There were 6 small pieces of duck meat, 1/2 marinated egg, salted vegetables, tau kua, yam and brown rice. They would really score higher points if they add a few peanuts to the food. Then it would be authentic Singapore braised duck rice. Their duck meat was juicy, soft and tender. It was one of the best hawker braised duck meat I have tasted in recent years. Egg and tau kwa were delicious, simple but not properly marinated. Yam was another portion where I deducted points because it was slightly rough and tough on my mouth. Brown rice was addictive and combined with the other food ingredients. Chili was average and not too hot.
I will strongly advise the owners to add more salted vegetables and sprinkle some peanuts on the food for future customers. I am very happy to say that this stall offers stiff competition to You Kee in the same hawker centre. They just need to work hard to maintain the high food standards and earn more fans in the process.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps

Comments
Post a Comment