Review of M.B.Deen Rasa

Block 505, Beach Road, Golden Mile Food Centre, #B1-09
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Lavender MRT
Buses to Golden Mile Food Centre: 7, 32, 51, 63, 80, 100, 145, 175, 197, 961, 980
Opening Hours: 11:00 to 22:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean hawker centre with plenty of seats
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Beverages, Desserts and Ice Cream
Thoughts after eating: Average
Value for money: 60/100
Will I come back in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

My opinion:

This stall sells traditional Singapore beverages, desserts and ice cream. I have tasted their bandung float for $3.50. Bandung float was a dessert consisting of vanilla ice cream "floating" on top of bandung drink and ice cubes.

This was my first time trying this dessert and I was not impressed. A cup of bandung drink cost $1.50 at most hawker centres and I was charged $2.00 for 2 small balls of vanilla ice cream. By the way, you could actually get a plastic bottle of ice cream for $1.60 at all major Singapore supermarkets (NTUC and Sheng Shiong).

Most Singaporeans really did not care about costs when going out to eat so I would move on to the food quality. The dessert was too sweet and did not mixed well with the vanilla ice cream (especially when it melted). The entire dessert was lacking in ingredients. In fact it was 60 percent filled with ice cubes.

Seriously for $3.50, you could get a grass jelly dessert and a cup of sugar cane juice at the same hawker centre. It will be a miracle if I visit this stall again or try a similar dessert at another location.

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

Add more ingredients for future customers or consider lowering the price of costlier food items.

Comments