Review of Tanjong Pagar Annie's Famous Ice Kacang

Block 505, Beach Road, Golden Mile Food Centre, #01-101
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Lavender MRT
Buses to Golden Mile Food Centre: 7, 32, 51, 63, 80, 100, 145, 175, 197, 961, 980
Opening Hours: 11:00 to 20:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good, friendly service
Environment: Clean hawker centre with plenty of seats
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Desserts, Bo Bo Cha Cha, Chendol, Cheng Tng, Durian Desserts and Ice Kacang
Thoughts after eating: Refreshing but expensive
Value for money: 75/100
Will I come back in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

My opinion:

Tanjong Pagar Annie's Famous Ice Kacang sells traditional Singapore desserts including bo bo cha cha, chendol, cheng tng, jelly ice, kiwi ice, strawberry ice and ice kacang. They have been featured in Mediacorp's "Makan Places Lost and Found 5". Their signature desserts are kiwi ice and peanut ice kacang. Since the internet was filled with reviews of their peanut ice kacang, I would go against the flow and tried their kiwi ice for $3.00.

My first impressions of kiwi ice were that it looked like a green jade or a green mountain. The sight of the green syrup, 8 jellies and shreds of kiwi greatly increased my appetite. Green syrup was sour, sweet and sticky. The taste was extremely addictive and always made me desired another spoonful of dessert. Jellies were crunchy, delicious and added more flavor to the food. The kiwi shreads were healthy, tasty but too few in portions to make any significant difference. As I was about to finish the dessert, I was left with milk and shaved ice (not enough ingredients).

In conclusion, the kiwi ice was good but lacked ingredients. There were no atap chees, corn and red beans. For $3.00, I could buy 2 desserts in Bedok North and still had $0.60 change (or a plate of chicken rice in Singapore). I will strongly advise the owners to add a few atap chees to all their ice desserts (durian ice, jelly ice, kiwi ice and mango ice) and reduce the prices of their food items.

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

Add more ingredients to the cold desserts.

Comments