Review of Johnson Western Food

Block 50, Market Street, Golden Shoe Food Centre, #03-08
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Raffles Place MRT
Buses to Golden Shoe Food Centre: 57, 131, 167, 186
Opening Hours: 09:30 to 19:00 (Monday to Friday, closed on Saturday and Sunday)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean but crowded hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Western Food
Thoughts after eating: Do not be seduced by the cheap prices
Value for money: 60/100
Will I come back in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

My opinion:

 Johnson sells the cheapest hawker western food in Singapore. The price of their chicken chop or cutlet is only $3.50! I decided to have try this supposedly amazing food bargain for lunch. I also included a fried egg as a food add on for $0.50.

This is an English saying that "there is no such thing as a free lunch". Oh mine, this saying really described my feelings after I returned home and checked the "goodies". The chicken chop was the smallest I have ever eaten. I actually finished the meat in less than 3 minutes! The meat was rough, tough and devoid of sauce.

Egg was average tasting and soft. French fries were cold, over-fried, rough and "rock hard". Salad was bland and dry. Bread was poorly baked and tasteless.

This was one of the worst chicken chops I had in recent years. Do not be seduced by the cheap prices. Avoid this stall even if you are a western food fan.

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

First, add more ingredients to the food. Second, ensure the freshness and warmth of all the food items. Third, reduce the grilling time of the french fries.

Comments