Review of Min-Ya Japanese Cuisin

Block 505, Beach Road, Golden Mile Food Centre, #01-107
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Lavendar MRT
Buses to Golden Mile Food Centre: 7, 32, 51, 63, 80, 100, 145, 175, 197, 961, 980
Opening Hours: 11:00 to 20:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good, friendly service
Environment: Clean hawker centre with plenty of seats
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Japanese Food, Chicken Cutlet Rice and Curry Rice
Thoughts after eating: Average
Value for money: 69/100
Will I come back in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

My opinion:

Min-Ya sells traditional Singapore Japanese cuisine and is in direct competition with Mansaku in Golden Mile Food Centre. For this food review, I have tried their curry katsu set for lunch.
There were 14 pieces of chicken cutlets with salad and 1 bowl of curry rice. Compared with Mansaku's terriyaki chicken set (which also cost $5.00), there were no soup, steamed egg and watermelon slice. Honestly, I could also get 2 packets of Hock Gooi's (Golden Shoe Food Centre) curry pork meals for $5.00.

After inspection of food quantity, I will moved on to food quality. Chicken cutlets were crispy, delicious and not too oily. The portions of salad were too few to add any significant points to the food. Rice was well cooked and mixed well with the curry. Curry was hot, spicy but too salty. I had to keep drinking my sugar cane juice in order to finish the food.

To sum up, the food here was average tasting and expensive compared to other food stalls in the same hawker centre. If you are not a Japanese food fan, I will suggest you give this stall a miss.

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

First, provide each customer with a bowl of soup. Second, add more salad and sauce to the food. Third, reduce the amount of salt in the curry's preparation process.

Comments