Review of Seng's Cafe

Block 505, Beach Road, Golden Mile Food Centre, #01-69
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Lavender MRT
Buses to Golden Mile Food Centre: 7, 32, 51, 63, 80, 100, 145, 175, 197, 961, 980
Opening Hours: 11:00 to 22:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean hawker centre with plenty of seats
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Chinese Breakfast, Beverages, Coffee, Tea, Barley Drink, Sour Plum Drink, Lime Juice and Sugar Cane Cane Juice
Thoughts after eating: Too sour
Value for money: 62/100
Will I come back in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

My opinion:

Seng sells traditional Singapore Chinese breakfast and beverages. For this review, I have tasted their signature sour plum drink for tea break. It had a mild sweet taste and an overwhelming sour taste.

After I finished the drink, it was 40 percent filled with ice. Honestly, I did not feel comfortable or refreshed. I had to eat some lontong to "wash" off the taste. There are too many beverage alternatives in the same hawker centre and nearby coffee shops for me to visit them again.

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

Thoroughly review the drink's preparation process.

Comments