Review of Like Yi Zhan

Block 208B, New Upper Changi Road, Bedok Interchange Food Centre, #01-04
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Bedok MRT
Buses to Bedok Interchange Food Centre: 7, 9, 14, 16, 17, 18, 25, 26, 30, 30e, 32, 33, 35, 38, 40, 60, 66, 69, 87, 168, 196, 197, 222, 225 (Green), 225 (White), 228, 229, 401
Opening Hours: 10:00 to 22:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good, friendly service
Environment: Clean but crowded hawker centre
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Dumpling Noodles, Wanton Noodles, Penang Laksa and Yong Tau Foo
Thoughts after eating: Lack of ingredients
Value for money: 50/100
Will I come back again in 6 months' time? No, there are better alternatives

My opinion:

Yi Zhan stands for "a billion praises" or "lots of praises" in Chinese. This stall was also a newcomer to the renovated Bedok Interchange Food Centre. For this 2015 food review, I have tried their assam laksa for $4.00 and was stunned by the dish's severe lack of ingredients.

There were no cockles, egg, fish cakes, prawns and tau pok in the food. I was instead given a bowl of rice noodles with miserly portions of sardine fish, ah zha and assam soup. I finished the meat ingredients in less than 20 seconds! Ah zha was mild tasting and rough. Assam soup was sourish and unbearable to drink. Rice noodles were silky, smooth, extremely well cooked and prevented the food from getting a worse rating.

Why are so many Bedok hawker stalls selling this kind of cheapskate assam laksa and charging big bucks for the food? In conclusion, I paid $4.00 for rice noodles with poor tasting soup. I could get really good authentic Singapore laksa in the same hawker centre or nearby coffee shops. Who will visit this stall ever again?

Ways for the owners to improve their food ratings:

Greatly increase the amount of ingredients for their laksa meals.

Comments