Review of Keng Huat Cold and Hot Dessert 建发冷热甜品

Block 4A, Eunos Crescent Market and Food Centre, #01-23
Nearest Mass Rapid Transit Station: Eunos MRT
Buses to Eunos Crescent Market and Food Centre: 2, 7, 13, 15, 21, 25, 51, 55, 55A, 60, 63, 63M, 93, 94, 154, 585
Opening Hours: 09:00 to 20:00 (Daily)
Queue: 1 to 3 people (Waiting Time: Less than 5 minutes)
Service: Fast and good
Environment: Clean hawker centre with plenty of seats
Reputation: Traditional Singapore Desserts
Thoughts after eating: Cheap and shiok
Value for money: 88/100
Will I come back in 6 months' time? Yes

My opinion:

The stall's name means "building for prosperity" in Chinese. They sell 50 types of cold and hot desserts. You can get the usual ice kacang, longan ice, red bean soup and tau suan here. For this food review, I have tried their hot cheng tng for $1.40. Honestly, this was the cheapest cheng tng I had tasted in the last 6 months.

The soup was refreshing, sweet, tasty and not "watered down". As I drank more of the soup, I found that its herbal taste was a bit "powerful" (may be a minus or plus point depending on individual taste). Although there were moderate amount of ingredients in the soup, I could see the usual barley, fungus, longan, sago and sweet potato slices in it.

If you are a dessert fan living in Singapore east, I will strongly recommend their cheng tng. For Singaporeans having meals at Eunos Crescent Market and Food Centre, I will suggest you order their hot desserts instead of "watered down" syrup drinks.

 

Comments